The valves come in varied types to suit different conditions, various uses, different fluids, material, pressure, and temperature conditions. In this post, let us see the basic principle of PK Valves KSA and its types.
What are the valves?
Valves are mechanical or electro-mechanical devices used to control the flow and pressure of liquids, gases, and other materials within a system. The valves are crucial components of a piping system used to access liquid, gas, vapors, etc. The valves are dependent on some form of mechanical barriers such as a plate, a ball, or a diaphragm which can be inserted or removed from the stream of the flow of material. Some valves are operated manually while others operate pneumatically or hydraulically. The functions of valves are as follows
- Stopping and starting flow
- Reduce or increase a flow
- Control the direction of the flow
- Regulate the flow and the pressure of the flow
- Relieve pressure from a pipe system
You can have access to a plethora of valves and let us take a look at some of the most common types of valves.
The actuated valves use a mechanical component called the actuators to operate the valve with a power source such as compressed air or electricity.
The Rotary Valves
The rotary valves are dependent on the rotary motion of the obstructer. In most cases, the rotation is limited to 90 degrees that is one-quarter turn. Some valves operate with a high degree of rotation and have more than just positions unlike the ones used in regular operation. The true rotary valves are closed at 0˚ and open completely at 90˚.
- Ball Valves: this quarter-turn ball is the most common control valve with 2-way (inlet and outlet) and 2-position valves that are employed for shut-off or isolation of a system. It offers highly efficient flow characteristics. The obstructer in this type of valve is a ball that is sandwiched between two cup-shaped seats. PK Valves SAUDI is quick-acting, offers straight flow, and low-pressure drop.
- Plug Valve: the basic construction of this type is similar to that of a ball valve with only a difference in the shape of the obstructer. Instead of a ball, this valve has a slightly tapered cylinder. The working mechanism is identical to the ball valve. Plug valves are used in refineries and chemical plants.
- Butterfly Valve: the butterfly valve, in contrast to the other two types, uses an obstructer in the shape of a disc. The general duty butterfly valves are known as resilient valves. They have one single seal ring that imitates a seal between the valve body and disc. It also acts as a seal between the flanges of the pipe and the valve body. The flow stops when the disc is perpendicular to the direction of flow. When rotated 90 degrees the flow goes through the valve around a slim disc profile. It is used in large-sized pipes
Rising Stem Valves (multi-turn)
The multi-turn valve is a type of linear valve and the motion of the flow obstruction is linear. The rising stem results in motion by rotation of a threaded rod or stem which is attached to the obstructer. Common types of rising stem valves are gate valves, globe valves, pinch valves, diaphragm valves, and needle valves. These types are used for flow control applications.
The axial valves by Valves Distributors GCC are another major type of valve that makes use of pneumatic or electro-magnetic force to slide the obstructer along the axis. Solenoid valves, coaxial valves, and angle seat valves are some common types of axial valves. This type of valve is fast-acting and is commonly used for the on/off process.
The type of valves used will depend on the various factors such as pressure, the liquid used, size of the pipe, and more. Top-notch efficiency and durability of the valves will be offered only by the best Valves Distributors SAUDI that will sustain you for years.