The air-cooled heat exchangers are mostly used when the plant location and the ambient conditions do not allow an easy and economic use of other cooling systems.
The most evident advantages of air-cooled heat exchangers are:
- Prevention of thermal and chemical pollution of cooling fluids (closed circuits)
- Flexibility for any plant location and plot plan arrangement (installation over other units)
- Reduction of maintenance costs
- Easy installati Allows easier maintenance of the fans
- Fans deliver air at ambient temperature with consequent higher efficiency on by a bolted assembly
- Lower environmental impact than shell and tube heat exchangers thanks to the elimination of an auxiliary water supply